Wednesday, June 15, 2011

How to change an ugly background in pictures with Fotoflexer "for the beginner"

Have you ever looked at at picture and WISHED you could have a different background? Yeah me too, and no I'm not talking about all kinds of complicated stuff, palm trees, or the moon. How about just having a plain solid color background?

For our cake business, we take LOTS of pictures, and since my mom is usually the one taking pictures, I'm often left with a very messy cluttered background for a really beautiful cake. Until I get the photo box made, which obviously needs to be on a much larger scale due to the nature of what we will be photographing, I'm stuck with hundreds of pictures, that need editing. 

I know there are programs out there that can probably do this with a click of the mouse, with very little effort on your part. I don't have any such programs, and am a TOTAL BEGINNER. Even then I managed to do pretty good, and I'd like to show you how I did it. 



Here is the before picture of this really cool graduation cake she did. Notice the background? The mixer, the hooks, the crap back there. Hardly does anything to showcase this cake right? 
Ok, now you have to see what I did with this picture. It's nothing really spectacular, but it is a HUGE difference, and I really want to hear what you think!!!

Oh and while you are there, make sure to check out my new linky party. 
Link up ANYTHING PARTY related. 
Food
Cakes
Desserts
Invitations
Decorations
You get the idea right! This is BRAND SPANKING new, and I'm terribly excited about it. Will you please help me by linking up, and adding it to your linky list?
Photobucket




0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. I also LOVE visiting your blog, so please leave a CLICKABLE LINK to your blog post by using the following code!!

<a href="link to your url, or direct blog post"> what you want your link to say </a>

P.S. Thanks BUNCHES for reading my blog and leaving a NICE comment :)

Hugs, Bella

My photo
In my spare time I enjoy cooking, and baking. In fact my mother and I have been making cakes for over 30 years. I also love gardening, traveling, and all things crafty. I struggle daily to keep my like organized, along with my never ending battle to keep the house clean. I adore my three kids MOST of the time, and can usually be found doing the mom thing from morning till night. I try to catch a few mommy moments, but those are hard to find in this wonderful life of mine. I am blessed and happy, and am thrilled you stopped by today :)