Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Bella's Birthday Wish

For my Birthday this year I have a pretty simple wish.

I WISH that my friends and family join me on a 40 day challenge to better themselves.
This would be a MIRACLE for me, and many of my loved ones. Pretty much everyone in my family could stand to get healthier. I just wish there was some way I could help them, but sadly I haven't even been able to help myself. So in hopes that I can do both this time around, I'm starting this challenge.

Here is a small list of things I want to work on.

Eating healthier
Working out
Practicing Yoga
Stop yelling
Relaxing in a weekly bath
Meditating
Mommy and Kiddos time
Date nights

These are the things that immediately come to mind. I'll try to work on a couple other things that might bring sanity to my life, and we'll see how it goes.

Most importantly I just NEED to get my body in shape, if even just a start. I NEED to do this for myself more than anything else. I've been NEEDING to do it for many years now, and just haven't.

By this weekend I will post my plan for the following week so that if any of you would like to follow along you can. I would be so grateful for any and all support you give me. If you decide to join along, maybe you can share it with your friends. I can't think of a better way to celebrate my birthday this year, than knowing I've FINALLY reached a goal I've had for over a decade, and if I can motivate even one other person to do the same I would be so incredibly happy.

Remember this challenge does not have to be about eating, working out, or any of the things I mentioned above. You can customize it be anything that you need in your life right now.

40 days isn't that long, but LONG enough to create a habit. I hope! I've never done anything like this before, so wish me luck. I know that many people have seen the most success in their lives when they put themselves out there, when they make themselves vulnerable. When they are accountable to someone other than themselves. That better be true for me now.

I'm putting myself out there for all of you to see. I will post pictures of myself before, during and of course after. I will be as honest as possible. I will share what my plans are every week, and everyday I will update on how I kept up with them.

It will be hard, it will be super hard. I will make this effort for myself, and for all of you who may benefit from my journey. I know I've been inspired by many others, and can only hope to one day inspire someone myself.

So give it a thought, and see if there is something you would like to work on for the next 40 days. Will you join me in making it happen?

This challenge will start on MONDAY FEB 18th. so get ready!!! Tell me do you think it's possible for a miracle to happen in 40 days?

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Awesome Debra :) I will def remind you come Sunday night. I won't be posting lots of vegetarian meals, BUT I'd love to have you share some with us. One of my main goals this next 40 days is LOTS of protein, and fiber, beans, veggies, etc.

      P.s. Your new stove is AMAZING..... just love it :)

      Delete
  2. We have some similar goals!I just started practicing yoga 2 months ago and meditating about 5 months ago. It is so hard some days to find time for me, but it is SOOOO important and I am better (and less apt to lose my temper and yell) when I have that time for myself:) Best of luck and I am sure you will be successful on your quest to imrpove yourself. Even if you aren't 100% on every single thing-every little bit makes a difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, thanks Kim : ) I started practicing yoga a couple years ago, and can't wait to get started again. I feel like I will be starting over again, but your body is pretty amazing. I still can do MOST every pose I learned, just breathing a little harder, lol.

      I look at the next 40 days as a big EXPERIMENT.,,, with all testing to be done on myself, lol. I plan on keeping track of just about everything. I'm very curious to see what I can accomplish if I REALLY put my mind to it. :)

      Will you be joining in the challenge?

      Delete
  3. Advance birthday wishes to you Bella. May all your wishes come true.

    Hmm i need to get back on yoga, its almost an year since i last did it ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not been that long since I've practiced, but I feel it missing. I loved it so much, and my body felt so wonderful after. Are you going to join in the challenge, and at the very least start doing yoga again?

      Thanks for the birthday wishes. Still have 6 weeks to go, but it's almost here :)

      Delete
  4. Good luck to you! I'm sure you can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. Dang girl, it's been forever since we've "talked", lol. Thanks for the encouragement, I will surely need it :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the inspiring words. Some how you have struck a note with me too. I need to try to work along with you all and hope to feel better about myself too.

    -KAT-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kat, I would be delighted to have you join us. I have a feeling we will al be feeling better come 40 days :)

      Delete
  6. Oh, I am definitely in! I've been struggling for a bit now and could use the challenge/motivation/support. Good luck to us all, and Happy early Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet girl :) With everyone's help, I think this time I can do it! How awesome it would be to help a couple of you along the way. Thanks so much for the early birthday wish. I'm actually looking forward to my birthday this year because of this challenge :)

      Delete
  7. Ahhh, I've missed your honest heart!!! So glad to be back in the blogging world and keeping up with awesome bloggers like you my dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look at you mama. RED hair??? Love it :) Thanks for stopping by, I need to go see what you've been up to. Hope you've been well!!

      Delete

I LOVE comments. I also LOVE visiting your blog, so please leave a CLICKABLE LINK to your blog post by using the following code!!

<a href="link to your url, or direct blog post"> what you want your link to say </a>

P.S. Thanks BUNCHES for reading my blog and leaving a NICE comment :)

Hugs, Bella

My photo
In my spare time I enjoy cooking, and baking. In fact my mother and I have been making cakes for over 30 years. I also love gardening, traveling, and all things crafty. I struggle daily to keep my like organized, along with my never ending battle to keep the house clean. I adore my three kids MOST of the time, and can usually be found doing the mom thing from morning till night. I try to catch a few mommy moments, but those are hard to find in this wonderful life of mine. I am blessed and happy, and am thrilled you stopped by today :)