Thursday, January 20, 2011

How to make the BEST SALSA ever!!!

I am very serious guys. 
If you LOVE fresh salsa, or salsa fresca, this is for YOU.

It is basically like any regular salsa recipe, except for my SECRET ingredient, which now YOU all will know. So make sure you don't spread the word too much, OK. 




I only had these blue organic tortilla chips, but for pictures sake, it would have looked pretty with some regular chips as well, oh well. 
I have yet to master food photography, and it doesn't help that I don't have pretty little plates, and stuff. 

Ok, here is how I make my SALSA....

Tomatoes - say 6 romas
Onions - 1 medium
Chillies - 1 or 2 serrano (but you can use whatever kind you want)
Cilantro - half a bunch
Lemons - 2-3 depending on the juiciness
Salt

Ok, now dice everything up, tomatoes, and onions, pretty fine.
***
 Chillies, REALLY fine, and I add seeds, veins and all. I LOVE it spicy, and without a little heat, I think it's useless, jk :)
***
Cilantro,  chop it up baby, big, small, whatever, I use a lot, because I LOVE the flavor. Again without cilantro, it's just not salsa.
***
My SECRET ingredient, LEMON JUICE, and TONS of it. Smush the heck out of your lemon, roll it, squeeze it, microwave it, whatever it takes to get that juice flowing. Now squeeze that juice, pulp and all, in your salsa. Try not to squeeze any juice in your eyes. I add enough so that my salsa is literally half swimming in it. OK!!!
***
Now, add some salt, and take your hands, and smush everything together. Tossing with a spoon just isn't enough. I really work it people, so that even more juices get flowing, and THEN, lick your fingers, take a chip, scoop some up, and TRY to stop eating it. I dare you to STOP, and if your thirsty, well only BEER will do at this point. I'm serious. 

Stay tuned for some yummy chicken taco, burritos, salad, combo. 
Yes, cooked once, and you can make several meals, cool. 

Now here is a REALLY funny pic of a friend of mine. 
She went to work and thought her feet felt a bit weird. 
When she looked down, she noticed she was wearing 2 completely different shoes. I laughed so hard, and had to give you guys a chuckle too. It's just too funny. 

She says nobody has noticed yet, because she's locked herself in her office, and is hiding, BUT, I know someone will eventually notice, he he. Sorry girl, but I laugh even harder at the thought. 

LOVE ya, THANKS for letting me share!!!



I'm also adding this post to Stephanie's FIRST EVER
@ Luxe Boulevard
you can link up anything you want, just give her some music. I added some Bob Marley, for anyone who wants to listen to him, just click on the above video. 




ALSO did you know you can VOTE for me everyday, (only 2 days left ) BUT still. I will be super annoying until I win BEST OF SHOW @ LAMB AROUND. 
NOW PLEASE help me out with a FEW things!!!
FIRST ~ Go HERE to Vote for me, I was nominated for BEST of SHOW, @ Lamb Around, and I REALLY, REALLY, want to win.

SECOND ~ Go HERE to enter my CSN store giveaway and link up to my weekly party **Amaze me August**

YAYY, THANKS GUYS, LOVE YA!!

Please visit my Link party Directory
For the coolest parties, I participate in. 
Feel free to add yours, if you think I'd like it :)
             

10 comments:

  1. Ooh, this looks divine! I love fresh, chunky salsa like this. Thanks for sharing your secret. Now the whole world knows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout girl! This salsa recipe looks so yummy...guess I need to have a party sometime soon!!

    My mother did that when she was pregnant with my sister (she couldn't see her feet lol) & I did it in high school one time with a black & blue shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmmmmmm, fresh salsa...I love cilantro in mine too. The lemon juice would keep it so fresh tasting, I'm sure it'll be a hit. Thanks for the recipe.

    Oh....and the shoes? What a riot. Too, too funny.


    A CONVERSATION WITH HUSBAND

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is exactly how I make salsa but I use limes instead of lemons! It is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. is the same way how I make salsa and my kids love it.. we have this salsa on our burritos or tacos nite! yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man! I wish I had the stuff right now to make it! Tomorrow! Do you ever add garlic?
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just swinging back to tell you I'm featuring this as one of the Making It With Allie Features this week! Come on by and grab a button!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love lemon juice! I add it to salsa, applesauce, and just about any other fresh fruit/veggie stuff! Thanks for linking up to Made From Scratch Tuesday! Hope to see you next week! http://www.messhalltobistro.blogspot.com/search/label/Made From Scratch Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was great. Thanks for linking up to Luxe. Who doesn't love Bob Marley?!
    Whenever I see Bob I always remember this MASSIVE poster my high school boyfriend had in his room. It seriously covered about half the wall. And everytime we would be making out (you know, doing what bf/gf's do!) I remember having to stare at Bob Marley's gigantic face the whole time. Ah, good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! I could sit down and eat the whole bowl!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. I also LOVE visiting your blog, so please leave a CLICKABLE LINK to your blog post by using the following code!!

<a href="link to your url, or direct blog post"> what you want your link to say </a>

P.S. Thanks BUNCHES for reading my blog and leaving a NICE comment :)

Hugs, Bella

My photo
In my spare time I enjoy cooking, and baking. In fact my mother and I have been making cakes for over 30 years. I also love gardening, traveling, and all things crafty. I struggle daily to keep my like organized, along with my never ending battle to keep the house clean. I adore my three kids MOST of the time, and can usually be found doing the mom thing from morning till night. I try to catch a few mommy moments, but those are hard to find in this wonderful life of mine. I am blessed and happy, and am thrilled you stopped by today :)