Thursday, November 24, 2011

Stay at Home Nation **Takeover #10**


*** Takeover #10 ***
Let's welcome Iffy from Stay At Home Nation as she is next to takeover my blog for the month of November. Are you wondering what's going on? Check out this post where I explain what's happening. A very special thank you to ALL my friends who have so willingly stepped in to TAKEOVER my blog for a couple weeks :)

Also wanted to wish everyone a very special
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


Hi there, first off Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! 
I am super excited to be guest posting here today, thanks Bella!
My real name is Cameron (I go by Iffy on my blog) so you can call me by either :)
I am a wife & mother to 4 awesome children & my blog is called
I am still learning as I only started in March but
I like to post cool crafts, diy, & yummy recipes. I also have a weekly blog party every Friday-
My Favorite Things Friday Link Party, so I would love for you
guys to come link up sometime(or all the time ;D)! 
While you are there you can check out what cool giveaway I have going on as I have a new one every week. This week is a jewelry item from One Artsy Mama ends 11/29.
Alright so now I would like to show you a cute little turkey shirt I made
last night for Michaela, my 2 year old. I promised her I would
make her a turkey shirt since she went on the potty, yay!
Check out this cutie
if you ask me he looks a little surprised hehe.
So first, I searched online for a turkey silhouette through google....nothing I wanted
came up so I drew a body on freezer paper(not the shiny side)
& cut it out with an X-acto knife. 
I then placed the shiny side down
on a turtleneck (that is on the verge of going in the "too small" pile) 
& with an iron set to "cotton" I slowly ironed it onto the shirt.
I LOVE freezer paper stenciling! Check out my neat boys shirts & umbrella
both were done with freezer paper.
So then I took some brown puffy paint & a small brush & painted the body
of the turkey.
I took a hairdryer to help speed up the drying time so I could move onto
the next step, which is peeling the paper off.
Since the puffy paint has a great little tip on it, I drew the feathers by hand.
I kept going until I was happy, then filled in the eyes & beak.
Don't forget the feet!
And voila! There is a cute little turkey that will be ready to wear in 4 hours. 
Yeah that's right, the dry time on the puffy paint is super quick.
So why not make one while the turkey is cooking? 
Michaela is gonna love it. Have a great turkey day & thank you
again to Bella for having me!
Much love
~Iffy~
**Super job Iffy**
Congrats on the potty training, I'm sure your daughter loves her new turkey shirt!! I really love the way it turned out.
Thanks again for stopping by today, and good luck with the giveaway mama!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. I also LOVE visiting your blog, so please leave a CLICKABLE LINK to your blog post by using the following code!!

<a href="link to your url, or direct blog post"> what you want your link to say </a>

P.S. Thanks BUNCHES for reading my blog and leaving a NICE comment :)

Hugs, Bella

My photo
In my spare time I enjoy cooking, and baking. In fact my mother and I have been making cakes for over 30 years. I also love gardening, traveling, and all things crafty. I struggle daily to keep my like organized, along with my never ending battle to keep the house clean. I adore my three kids MOST of the time, and can usually be found doing the mom thing from morning till night. I try to catch a few mommy moments, but those are hard to find in this wonderful life of mine. I am blessed and happy, and am thrilled you stopped by today :)