Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Rental Property - During -

You might remember me talking about getting our old house ready for rent. Well it was an extremely long process, and I must admit, I think I went overboard with getting it in tip top shape. I mean it is a rental after all right? I really thought I'd go in and just do a few touch ups here and there, but with my obsessive personality it turned into a full blown house makeover. I had to fix everything and make it perfect, I just couldn't stop myself. You may have read my post where I talked about how hard this move was on me... Change is good, RIGHT?

After living in it for so many years, I just couldn't bare the thought of letting it go like that, so I put all my love into it one more time, only this time we are not the ones who will be enjoying it. Funny how that works isn't it? I'm very happy with the family that is moving in though. So that's comforting, I couldn't stand it if I had someone come in and trash the place.

This is the blue room. We used it as our TV movie room / library / just chill out and shut the door so mom doesn't hear you room.

The kitchen FINALLY got a tile backsplash put up. Please tell me why on earth I didn't do that sooner? I mean really, I could just kick myself sometimes :(
 The living room. Just so you know a tornado did come through here, if that makes it better.
 This is what you saw first thing walking though the door. Needless to say I didn't have many visitors, and I DID NOT show the house to anyone during this time.

I still can't believe I did this all, pretty much by myself. I spent COUNTLESS hours, days, weeks and actually I think more like two months on getting this house ready to rent. 

Granted I could only work on it for about 5 hours a day, which really isn't that much considering all the trips to the Hope Depot, lol. Anyway, I did it...... and I'm very happy it's over!!

Come back tomorrow to see the finished pictures, with everything all cleaned up. 

Do any of you have rental properties? Do you have any tips you'd like to share? I know I went overboard this time, hopefully next time around it will be easier.... (fingers crossed).

P.S. Don't forget to check out my NEW blog series. It's all about getting things done.
Click on Make it Happen MONDAYS to see what I'm working on this week!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful home, I also thought I would go, just do a few touch-UPS here and there, but my fascination with personality, it becomes a full-fledged transformation of the house.

    houses for sale richmond va

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bella, so very nice to meet you. I am your newest follower. Your blog is stunning. I can't wait to see the after photos. Enjoy your week and stop by sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful house! I wish I could rent it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is so beautiful and unique. You can tell the home was loved- by all the touches you put on it. Can't wait to see tomorrows pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a light and airy place. I give you credit for all you have done. Can't wait to see the next set of pictures.

    I also see your a baker of cakes, really nice ones. Come one over Thursdays for Bake with Bizzy and link one of those beauties up.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. I also LOVE visiting your blog, so please leave a CLICKABLE LINK to your blog post by using the following code!!

<a href="link to your url, or direct blog post"> what you want your link to say </a>

P.S. Thanks BUNCHES for reading my blog and leaving a NICE comment :)

Hugs, Bella

My photo
In my spare time I enjoy cooking, and baking. In fact my mother and I have been making cakes for over 30 years. I also love gardening, traveling, and all things crafty. I struggle daily to keep my like organized, along with my never ending battle to keep the house clean. I adore my three kids MOST of the time, and can usually be found doing the mom thing from morning till night. I try to catch a few mommy moments, but those are hard to find in this wonderful life of mine. I am blessed and happy, and am thrilled you stopped by today :)