Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Relief Society Cakes ~ Props to all Mormon Mommy Bloggers ~

This past weekend my mom and I were invited to teach a cake decorating class at my friends church. The ladies were putting on a fun day of learning all kinds of things, gardening, hair cutting, furniture refinishing, CAKE DECORATING!! The theme was Shabby to Chic, and I couldn't help think of all my bloggy friends the whole time. :)


I was delighted to help out, and thought it would be fun, and my mom was so scared. I was too, actually, I've never taught a class before, and this was kind of a big deal. I had no idea where to even begin. Luckily it all went well, we did 2 classes, and all the woman who came were incredible. They were polite, understanding, encouraging, and very curious. I was amazed at the level of participation, it was very cool. 


We also made 2 full sheet cakes for the celebration, and wanted to share those with you really quick. We sat in for the presentation and history of this amazing organization, and was happy to have learned more about it. 
I worked hard at trying to create the emblem, and hope everybody was pleased with the way the cakes turned out. There was not even ONE single bite left. I know they were incredibly tasty. We made one vanilla, with a bavarian filling, and tons of freshly cut up strawberries, and pineapple. The other cake was a chocolate cake, with a chocolate mousse filling. Oh man. 
Enjoy, and once again for all my Mormon Mommy Blogger friends, this ones for you, too bad you couldn't actually taste it. 
Hugs, to you all, and keep up your good work, with all you do in this wonderful organization. 
If you liked this post, then follow me dude!
SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL
Enter your email address here:

Don't forget to LINK up to my weekly party.
  AMAZE ME AUGUST
             

6 comments:

  1. They look amazing! Of course you know I'm all about the chocolate one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, feel like visiting Texas to make my Birthday cake?? MMMM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, thanks. That was so kind of you and your mom to go and help out with the RS activity/birthday celebration. The emblem looks perfect, I'm very impressed with your skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bella your cakes are beautiful!!! I bet they tasted so good!!!

    I hope that you had a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. I also LOVE visiting your blog, so please leave a CLICKABLE LINK to your blog post by using the following code!!

<a href="link to your url, or direct blog post"> what you want your link to say </a>

P.S. Thanks BUNCHES for reading my blog and leaving a NICE comment :)

Hugs, Bella

My photo
In my spare time I enjoy cooking, and baking. In fact my mother and I have been making cakes for over 30 years. I also love gardening, traveling, and all things crafty. I struggle daily to keep my like organized, along with my never ending battle to keep the house clean. I adore my three kids MOST of the time, and can usually be found doing the mom thing from morning till night. I try to catch a few mommy moments, but those are hard to find in this wonderful life of mine. I am blessed and happy, and am thrilled you stopped by today :)