Thursday, February 24, 2011

How to make a body pillow ~ Throwback Thursday ~

I almost forgot about the video. I love this song, and the energy from the band. So I'm sharing it with you today. Get pumped and go  make yourself a body pillow, lol. 


Today I am sharing with you a simple solution to a common problem. At least at our home. My sons bed has these built in bed rails, which is cool, but not when your little one bumps his head on it in the middle of the night. Not to mention the thump on the wall every time he throws his leg up there. Wouldn't it be so much better hugging up to something soft rather than a cold hard wall. 

I think so too, and my kids really love it. I did not want to spend money on a full size body pillow, or any other fancy roll, or whatever you call those things that are meant for this very purpose. Plus I don't actually recall ever seeing one QUITE this big, he he. 

SO I took my OLD, heavy, very pink Mexico blanket with a peacock on it, that I think we got in China town back in California 20 years ago, and made my own. (thank goodness no damage was done to the blanket in the process) don't know what I would have done without it, lol. (not)
This awesome blanket is reversible, so unfortunately the peacock is on the other side, sorry.
I took the sheet that came with the set, who actually uses the flat sheet anyway (my kids hate them), and spread it out. 
See, now my blanket was already rolled up like a taquito, and then I just rolled the sheet around it. 
Did I say taquito, I meant burrito, because it's important to tuck in the sides, like so. 
We want to make it look somewhat finished, right. 
Now my sons head is protected from that nasty wall. 
Bed rail back on, clearly not the one that came with the bed, but I love it. 
We can't forget the dinos, I spared you ALL the ones he sleeps with, and I wish it was the soft cute cudly ones, NO, the kid sleeps with the most frightening ones possible, and lately he's been sleeping with snakes too. He seriously wakes up in the middle of the night freaking out, if any of his FRIENDS are missing, he he. 
I am sharing this with Steph @ Throwback Thursday
You can find me partying at some other parties too. 


BELLA'S CURRENT GIVEAWAY
FABULOUSLY DOMESTIC
Apron and Towel Set
Hurry and enter, winner will be announced March 1st.

If you liked this post, then follow me dude!
SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL
Enter your email address here:
Don't forget to LINK up to my weekly party. 
AMAZE ME AUGUST
             

2 comments:

  1. Way cute! I've been looking at ways to make one (as my SO is away and I hate rolling into the cold wall) and yours is the most simple way I've seen! Plus it's cute and could be made to match any of my bed sets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so too, and my kids really love it. I did not want to spend money on a full size body pillow, or any other fancy roll, or whatever you call ... pillowskids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. I also LOVE visiting your blog, so please leave a CLICKABLE LINK to your blog post by using the following code!!

<a href="link to your url, or direct blog post"> what you want your link to say </a>

P.S. Thanks BUNCHES for reading my blog and leaving a NICE comment :)

Hugs, Bella

My photo
In my spare time I enjoy cooking, and baking. In fact my mother and I have been making cakes for over 30 years. I also love gardening, traveling, and all things crafty. I struggle daily to keep my like organized, along with my never ending battle to keep the house clean. I adore my three kids MOST of the time, and can usually be found doing the mom thing from morning till night. I try to catch a few mommy moments, but those are hard to find in this wonderful life of mine. I am blessed and happy, and am thrilled you stopped by today :)