Monday, January 31, 2011

How to add 3 columns to a minima template

I've been working on my blog, as you can tell. Sorry about the mess, but work is still in progress, and it's going slower than I thought. However I am learning tons of fun, new stuff, and it's all about blog design, and html. YAY.


I wanted my blog layout, to be wide, like a bunch of other blogs, I love. Do some research, and it's the OLD MINIMA template that provides you with all that room. So I switched. I'll show you how later, lol. 


There of course are a few things with this template that I didn't like, for example, it only had one sidebar, I wanted two, on either side. 


Then I wanted a footer that had three columns, and this only had one. Hmmm, what to do, google of course. 


Came across THIS old tutorial, but it worked PERFECTLY, and it was so easy.  

Please visit my Link party Directory
For the coolest parties, I participate in. 
Feel free to add yours, if you think I'd like it :)
             

1 comment:

  1. Yes, as lovely as blogger is for us, I feel like I want more control for things like this... It has taken some learning, but we can figure this hybrid of html and css that is blogger... :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. I also LOVE visiting your blog, so please leave a CLICKABLE LINK to your blog post by using the following code!!

<a href="link to your url, or direct blog post"> what you want your link to say </a>

P.S. Thanks BUNCHES for reading my blog and leaving a NICE comment :)

Hugs, Bella

My photo
In my spare time I enjoy cooking, and baking. In fact my mother and I have been making cakes for over 30 years. I also love gardening, traveling, and all things crafty. I struggle daily to keep my like organized, along with my never ending battle to keep the house clean. I adore my three kids MOST of the time, and can usually be found doing the mom thing from morning till night. I try to catch a few mommy moments, but those are hard to find in this wonderful life of mine. I am blessed and happy, and am thrilled you stopped by today :)