Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Some goals, and sick of being sick.

I'm up now for the fourth night in a row, not able to sleep, I have so much congestion, sore throat, stuffy nose, body aches, head hurts, you name it. Not happy, but drinking my cup of tea and working on my blog, seem to be doing the trick, as I am feeling a lot better reading all your lovely comments. More on that later. I have some things to say about comments. he he.

As you may have read a few days ago, I started a challenge, a 100 day challenge, and you can read all about it HERE. It was pretty vague, what exactly I was going to do, so let me try and set this up for myself now, lol, and give you guys an idea of what I had in mind for myself.


  1. I need to get up EARLIER, so I can have some much needed mommy alone time. 
  2. I need to stop getting mad, and angry, at every little thing. VERY hard for me, I think I have some anger monkeys permanently attached to my body ( Anger Management ring a bell), plus I'm a Romanian, very similar to (My Big Fat Greek Wedding) kind of woman, always nagging, yes I don't know what to do with myself if I'm not nagging, and talking loud is JUST WHAT WE DO. But seriously enough with the excuses, I want to change if even a little. My kids, and husband actually FREAK out if I talk nice, which cracks me up. They think I'm up to something, BAD. I know you guys think this sounds impossible from someone as seemingly sweet as me, which I am, everyone will tell you that I am, lol, I just yell A LOT and have a short temper. I'm very impatient, and get annoyed easily. So I want to work on being a calmer person, and not getting so frustrated to easily. This sounds and is pretty easy, but I feel so weird staying calm, when my 3 year old wipes his dirty bum on the carpet you know, or I have to tell my 11 year old 50 times to do something, or even my princess, yeah that cutie can annoy me like nobody else, she is a mini me. 
  3. I need to make an effort to not look like I desperately need to have Stacie kidnap me for WHAT NOT TO WEAR. I have been known to be so homely it's not even funny. Being a sahm, has many benefits, and not having to get dressed properly, or do your hair, should not be one of them, but for me, it is. I find ABSOLUTELY no reason to get dressed up, just to cook, and clean, let alone do my hair, and put on makeup, YEAH right, but then I should find a middle ground. I'm working on it, and that is something that I've been wanting to change for a long time. 
  4. Spend EVEN more time with the kids, and husband, and family. Again totally weird, because that's all I ever do, spend time with the kids, but I don't want it to be just in the car, from here to there, I mean quality time. I want to start playing games together, creating art, going cool places, just talking. It's still a bit hard, because while my almost 6 year old daughter, wants to do EVERYTHING grown up, my little guy still is a baby, and has no clue about rules, or waiting in turn, so games, and stuff is really challenging unless, we do something especially for him, which then the rest of us get a bit bored of. So like everything else I need to find a way, and slowly working on that too. 
  5. Pamper myself, if only once a year, but darn it woman, just do it. LOL. This has been one of those things that has ALWAYS come last, for like over 10 years now. I know I'm not alone, and many mommies are victim of this too. It's so bad, though, and I want to change that. I'm not ever going to be one of those salon addicts, EVER, unless they come up with a organic, non toxic environment that is cost effective. Seriously, not into all that, but I do LOVE hair, and makeup, so it's really weird. I love it, but hate it too. I haven't colored my hair in a long time. I have SERIOUSLY long gray hairs, and I'm only 31, but I still don't color my hair. I have gone through many hair changes, but the more into non toxic, and organic I get, the harder I find to justify putting all those chemicals onto my body, just to look good, for who anyway. I have seen many women with gray hair, look very beautiful, :(, but do I want to be one of them, before I even hit 35, umm probably not. So still looking into options, but for now, lets just say, I'm content, with being natural. Makeup, I love it, but again, really trying to find healthier alternatives, and those COST, so why wear it, unless for a special occasion, is my thought. I am beautiful just the way I am, and wish I could make others feel like that too, but going back to #3, not so pretty when it's 3 in the afternoon, and I'm still wearing my pajamas, and my hair isn't even brushed. Come on girl, get with it, you'll be fine. Oh and constantly wearing workout clothes doesn't count as getting dressed up, lol. 
  6. Losing about 15 pounds. I'm guessing this should do the trick. Who knows, maybe all it will take is 7, or more like 20. I'm not concerned about the number on the scale, I'm concerned with the way I feel, and the way I look naked. There I said it, I know I said I was beautiful just the way I am, but I was not made to have flabby tummy, and cheesy thighs. I was made to be healthy, and I lost my way, so I need to get back to the way God, has made us all. HEALTHY, and even if you have something you were born with, or without, that is how god made you. I just don't believe God has made any of us fat, and couch potatoes. So get up, and stop eating that JUNK, and drinking that S**t, and get healthy. (not exactly talking to anyone in particular) so please don't get offended, just talking like to myself, and aloud. This is what goes through my mind, all the time. It seems so simple, and in reality, I'v never had a problem eating healthy, but clearly that's not enough. Never been a fan of soda, THANK GOD, never bought to many processed foods, hardly eat at a fast food place, I think not, but REALLY exercise, and stick with it. Not exactly me, until NOW. Watch out, for REALS, this time. I want to get healthy, and I mean like triathalon healthy. I have never enjoyed running, and have never gotten into cycling, or swimming, but why not. I'm perfectly capable, so why not do something, as simple as that. I just want to be the best I can be, and do the most I can with this body and life of mine. I need to be healthy though, so here's to BEING HEALTHY. All of you, do you hear me, just be HEALTHY. Define what that means to you, and think about it, don't make excuses, and say you are fine, with being 200 lbs. There is nothing healthy about that. Our bodies, are not made to carry so much weight, so realistically think about it, and all the things that would improve in your life, if you were HEALTHY. Then Make yourself a GOAL, and DO IT. 
  7. Keep my house clean. This is a biggie too, and under my personal things to do, because it is my responsibility to see that it happens. How I do it, is not the point, but that it gets done is what I'm after. I am a long believer that I cannot preach something unless, I can do it myself. So unless everything I do is put away, and spotless, I don't feel right asking the kids to do it. I know some of you might have just fainted, but I feel like I should set the example and if Im not able to do it, ,then how can I expect anyone else to. That's why I need to see that everything is done, and I know my kids will follow. This way of thinking of mine, always gets people all worked up, but it's the way I've always thought, and I'm just big on it. Lead by example, and others will follow. Hopefully this holds true, and will always work. So make sure to always set good examples, that is what I'm trying to do, and it's REALLY hard. I must do it though, I want my kids, and everyone around me to be well, and healthy, and happy. I feel like I have the world on my shoulders, but I would have it no other way. It's a lot of responsibility, but I know I've been on this mission my whole life. SO now my time has come, and I'm out to change myself, and the world. 
WOW that was weird, and not really sure how that came out, or how it reads, so sorry if I kinda freaked you guys out, BUT, it is like the middle of the night, and I'm just rambling, but hopefully tomorrow this will still make sense, not only to myself, but some of you too. 

More to come later but for now Have a Good Night, and see you guys later. 


As always ENJOY!

Special requests, or mad love always welcome:)
http://www.blogger.com/bellabeforeandafter@gmail.com

6 comments:

  1. Oh sweet Bella!! You sound so much like me! I applaud you for trying to make any change in your life. I know I need to work on my anger management! ;) I love your honesty and your sense of humor! We all need to laugh a bit at ourselves. I hope that you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;) For a second there I thought you were talking about me! We all have our flaws, and there's always room for improvement. Kudos to you for being up for the challenge! Feel better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Isabella!!

    What a cute place you have!! Great goals! I need to get up earlier for some me time too. I'm always so tired and it feels so good to sleep though - lol. I think we all have things we want to improve on.

    xox
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, I can't believe you guys are reading this, lol. Sure made me laugh, at loud at your comments. I knew I was not alone, he he. So glad that you guys can relate, and ok so I will not push the delete button quite yet on this, lol. Was seriously debating it this morning, as I didn't want to offend anyone, or loose a friend over my ramblings, but should have known you guys are SUPER supportive. Thank you, girls!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Bella! We have more in common that we would of ever thought! Like some comments up above this one...."are you posting about me?" haha! I LOVE your goals! I NEED these goals. I have such a temper!! It's the door slamming kind too!! I DO NOT want Alie to start that ya know. I NEVER pamper myself! Pamper to me is having to shave because I have no clean pants to wear!! I am different than you were as I am obsessed and addicted to Coca-Cola! OMG I LOVE THE STUFF!!! I could also eat Del Taco every night of the week and never complain! I know....trust me, I KNOW!!! Good luck with them and I will try to better myself too! I hope you feel better soon also!! Did you try the B-vitamin complex???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of good goals there! I think most of us could stand to do a few of those. Your comment about being kidnapped for What Not To Wear cracked me up. I love that show but don't think I'm picking up enough of their tips and applying it to myself!

    Just to let you know, I awarded you the "One Lovely Blog Award" on my blog today:
    http://sourkrautkrafts.blogspot.com/2010/09/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    Feel free to pass it along to 15 of your favorite blogs or just accept my adoration and leave it at that!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. I also LOVE visiting your blog, so please leave a CLICKABLE LINK to your blog post by using the following code!!

<a href="link to your url, or direct blog post"> what you want your link to say </a>

P.S. Thanks BUNCHES for reading my blog and leaving a NICE comment :)

Hugs, Bella

My photo
In my spare time I enjoy cooking, and baking. In fact my mother and I have been making cakes for over 30 years. I also love gardening, traveling, and all things crafty. I struggle daily to keep my like organized, along with my never ending battle to keep the house clean. I adore my three kids MOST of the time, and can usually be found doing the mom thing from morning till night. I try to catch a few mommy moments, but those are hard to find in this wonderful life of mine. I am blessed and happy, and am thrilled you stopped by today :)