Sunday, April 10, 2011

GUEST POST ~ Mommy Does ~ AUNT NANA's BANANA PUDDING ~

When I posted THIS POST asking for help, and then sent an email to my blogfy friends, I never expected so many people to respond.I am blessed with wonderful friends, and I had a ton of ladies, who were more than willing to keep you all entertained while I get better, or get some sleep, or paint my garage, whatever, he he. The point is that I am SUPER lucky, super THANKFUL, and SUPER excited to introduce you all to Brooke Anna from
Brooke Anna is just such a sweetheart. Seriously she is super nice, and a wonderful bloggy friend. She is always there for me, showing my blog all kinds of love, and support, doing whatever she can to bring people my way, and  I appreciate that so much. It's such an awesome feeling to know that someone really likes your blog. I'm sure that once you go check out her blog, you will also LOVE her. She is just so down to earth, and you can feel that right away. She loves hosting giveaways, reviewing products, and sharing some awesome projects with us along the way. I sure hope you go stop by to see her, and say hello!!


Hey there Bella Before and After Readers!
My name is Brooke Anna,
 and I blog over at
Mommy Does...




I am a 23 year old mother of two little ones, who I adoringly refer to as
Little Boy and Little Girl.
My Little Girl has Blount's Disease... you can read more about her condition here...
I recently posted about her 3rd Brithday party!
I'm a full time college student at TAMU-Commerce,
majoring in elementary education.
Feel free to check out one of my college projects...
Or read about how I make Boutique Bows!
Who's my Better-Half?
Well,
I have been in a relationship with my children's father, "B" going on 6 years!
My children are two lucky little ones!
And I sure am a lucky lady!

As you may, or may not know...
 I'm from the South. 
And I mean the smack dab South of the US!
Texas, to be exact.
Born and raised in Louisiana...
But, that's enough about me!!!

Lets move on to...
{Why you're really here!}
I am so excited to share a recipe I have absolutely drooled over since I was a little girl.
What is it you may ask?

{Aunt Nana's Southern Banana Puddin'}
 of course!
Since I was knee-high to a grasshopper
 my Daddy's sister,
 my Aunt
(say it with me... ANT)
 Anna
 {^see the name sake?^}
has made the most delicious banana pudding.
The recipe isn't really a family recipe, but I hope it sticks with our family for years to come.
B's family absolutely loves my Aunt Nana's Southern Banana Puddin'
I know, I know... I'm putting my family heirlooms business all out there right?
Well, when you Guest Post @ Bella Before and After,
you have to BRING IT!

{Items Needed}
-A little more than a half-gallon of Whole Milk or 2%
-1 pint Heavy Whipping Cream
-1 Box Vanilla Wafers
(or two for the perfect cookie-puddin' ratio)
-2 boxes each-
  Regular sized Instant French Vanilla & Banana Creme pudding
-1 Bunch Bananas
(or to taste)
-Large Mixing Bowl
-Serving Pan/Storing Bowl
-Handheld Mixer, or Standing Mixer
-Whisk (optional, haha!)

Since I like to be done with it, I use instant puddings.
Using instant just makes the process easier!
In case you couldn't tell from the picture above...
I buy store brands... :D

Step 1-
Pour all 4 boxes of your pudding mix into a bowl.
Normally the milk/pudding mix ratio is 2 cups per regular sized box... scratch that!
This is "Southern" remember?

Step 2-
Add the entire pint of Heavy Whipping Cream.
Yes, for real! Add it all!
See? that pint gives you a little more than two cups of cream.
Step 3-
Add 5 cups of whole milk.
Step 4-
Mix the pudding mixture until all the lumps and bumps are gone.
Continue mixing until its "wrapping" around the mixer.
Now stop.
I like my pudding to be fluffy and thick,
 but if it is too think I just add about a quarter cup more of milk.
Step 5-
While you let that rest, cut all your bananas you want to use into "wheels."
For the layering...
Step 6-
Place a thin layer of pudding on the bottom of the pan or bowl you are using to serve or store.
Step 7-
Get your Vanilla Wafers and layer on top of the pudding.
Step 8-
For the third layer, spread sliced bananas on top of the cookies.
Repeat Steps 6-8 until all the bananas, cookies, and pudding are gone. 
(I use two boxes of Vanilla Wafers, so I always make sure I have cookies left...)
Step 9-
Just crumble the leftover cookies on top!
And there you have it!
"Aunt Nana's Southern Banana Pudding!"
Step 10-
ENJOY!
It's thick, it's indulgent, it's NOT Guilt Free!
This is great for cook-outs (just keep chilled,) family dinners,
Church or Community Suppers.
Whatever occasion!
I also like making it in food storage containers and giving them to family and friends.

I hope you enjoyed my hap-hazard tutorial, and I'm sorry there aren't more photos!
But, I hope you'll still check me out at
Thanks so much for allowing me to visit, Bella!

Golly, doesn't that look yummy. I have to tell you, it's REALLY sad, but the first time I EVER had banana pudding was at a place called Golden Corral. I'm so ashamed to say that THAT was the place I had my first taste of banana pudding, AND bread pudding, both of which I love, BUT only from there, since that's the only place I've ever had it. Now thanks to Brooke, I could probably make Aunt Nanas, the go to banana pudding, hehe. 

If you liked this post, then follow me dude!
SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL
Enter your email address here:

Don't forget to LINK up to my weekly party.
  AMAZE ME AUGUST
             

2 comments:

  1. I'm just now able to get to the computer! Just wanted to pop over and say thank you so much for allowing me the opportunity to Guest post!
    Comment love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM YUM YUUUUM!! I have to go make friends now with another southern girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. I also LOVE visiting your blog, so please leave a CLICKABLE LINK to your blog post by using the following code!!

<a href="link to your url, or direct blog post"> what you want your link to say </a>

P.S. Thanks BUNCHES for reading my blog and leaving a NICE comment :)

Hugs, Bella

My photo
In my spare time I enjoy cooking, and baking. In fact my mother and I have been making cakes for over 30 years. I also love gardening, traveling, and all things crafty. I struggle daily to keep my like organized, along with my never ending battle to keep the house clean. I adore my three kids MOST of the time, and can usually be found doing the mom thing from morning till night. I try to catch a few mommy moments, but those are hard to find in this wonderful life of mine. I am blessed and happy, and am thrilled you stopped by today :)