Wednesday, March 30, 2011

GUEST Post ~ SImply Designing ~ $2.00 BIRDHOUSE TUTORIAL ~

When I posted THIS POST, asking for help, and then sent an email to my bloggy friends, I never expected so many people to respond.I am blessed with wonderful friends, and I had a ton of ladies, who were more than willing to keep you all entertained while I get better, or get some sleep, or paint my garage, whatever, he he. The point is, I am SUPER LUCKY, super THANKFUL, and SUPER excited to introduce you all to Ashley from:
SIMPLY DESIGNING
Ashley is so sweet, I can't believe she took time out of her busy schedule to come help me. I was shocked when she responded to my email, and agreed to be here with us. Again, I'm sure you already know her, but if not, you have to go check out her blog already. She really has the simplest, most fun, easy designs ever. Anything you click on at her blog, will amaze you, so that's saying something. Plus you know FOX news wouldn't keep having her back if she didn't know what she was doing, this girl is a natural on TV, I love watching her segments, she is so cute. So anyway, make sure to pop on over, say hello, and follow her blog. 


TAKE IT AWAY GIRL, SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT!!!


I am so excited to be guest posting today at Bella Before and After!


I am Ashley, the face and voice behind Simply Designing.




 
My blog is a fun, active blog that covers everything from crafts to interior design, recipes to floral design, home decor to seasonal items.  I also write a lot of tutorials.  In addition, I host a weekly Friday link up party.

In addition I write a column twice a month for a local newspaper.  And my local Fox news station also has invited me to do a regular segment on their morning show so you can find links to those segments on my blog about twice a month.  It is a lot of fun!

So I keep very busy around here, but most of all, I like to keep things SIMPLE!

Here are a few of my recent posts:











But today, I would like to share with you a tutorial for these cute Shabby Birdhouses:


A friend of mine sent me a link to cute bird houses here and I knew I wanted some for myself for Spring.  

I found these bird houses at Michael's for $2 each, fully assembled, ready to be painted, cute bird houses for $2.  


So I started by painting them. 

Then I took my sander and sanded the edges to make them look worn. 


Then I took brown craft paint and mixed it with water.  Then I used that to paint a "glaze" all over the bird houses.  I wiped some of it off with a paper towel. 

Don't they look sooooo cute!! 






Aren't they so cute?!

Thanks so much for letting me guest post today!  I truly enjoyed it!  I hope you will stop by to see my at my blog Simply Designing!

If you would like to see more of my creations, you can find me at my blog Simply Designing, through my RSS feed, on Facebook, on Twitter @SimplyDesigning and via Email Subscription.
Happy Designing!


WOW, Thank you ASHLEY!! 
Who's off to Michaels for some birdhouses, he he. How awesome was that, right? I told you, she's cool!!


If you liked this post, then follow me dude!
SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL
Enter your email address here:


Don't forget to LINK up to my weekly party. 
AMAZE ME AUGUST
             

3 comments:

  1. They're so cute!!

    There's an award for you over on my blog.

    www.theroadnamedme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what it is about putting something on any kind of pedestal that just makes it so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these birdhouses! Absolutely adorable! :)Terri

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. I also LOVE visiting your blog, so please leave a CLICKABLE LINK to your blog post by using the following code!!

<a href="link to your url, or direct blog post"> what you want your link to say </a>

P.S. Thanks BUNCHES for reading my blog and leaving a NICE comment :)

Hugs, Bella

My photo
In my spare time I enjoy cooking, and baking. In fact my mother and I have been making cakes for over 30 years. I also love gardening, traveling, and all things crafty. I struggle daily to keep my like organized, along with my never ending battle to keep the house clean. I adore my three kids MOST of the time, and can usually be found doing the mom thing from morning till night. I try to catch a few mommy moments, but those are hard to find in this wonderful life of mine. I am blessed and happy, and am thrilled you stopped by today :)