Friday, March 9, 2012

FFF - Under Stairs Pantry Makeover PART ONE

The week started ok, I had a plan in mind for the under stairs pantry, and while I knew it would take a while to complete, I certainly didn't plan for what was to come.

I went to the Home Depot, and got my wood cut. The man working in lumber was awesome. I showed him a picture of what I wanted, and he quickly busted out some numbers, did some mental measurements, and before I knew it, he was cutting all the pieces perfectly.

Once I got home, the first thing I had to do was take everything out of the pantry!
So far so good, except for all the water on the floor. Oh man, what is this, clearly there was a leak coming from somewhere, the baseboard had already started getting mildew on it, ewwww.

 After getting all the shelves out, I opened THE DOOR, and took a peak. I was almost thankful when I realized where the leak was coming from. I was seriously scared it was going to cost an arm and a leg to get fixed. But after further inspection I thought I'd try to fix it myself.
I went to Home Depot AGAIN, and this time I had the most wonderful help from the man working in plumbing. Again I showed him a picture, and he loaded me up with all the necessary tools to fix this myself. I took pics, and will tell you all about my plumbing adventures in another post, he he. It was quite funny, you don't want to miss it!
 After that unexpected detour, I finally got started on my shelves. So far everything is coming along, I'm just not quite finished. So, instead of trying to rush, I'll just do an update once it's done.

There you have it friends.

This week, I played the role of PLUMBER, and I made some shelves!

I'm kinda proud of myself if I do say so myself.

I think we'll go out to dinner tonight to celebrate, with all the money I saved from not having to call a real plumber to out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. I also LOVE visiting your blog, so please leave a CLICKABLE LINK to your blog post by using the following code!!

<a href="link to your url, or direct blog post"> what you want your link to say </a>

P.S. Thanks BUNCHES for reading my blog and leaving a NICE comment :)

Hugs, Bella

My photo
In my spare time I enjoy cooking, and baking. In fact my mother and I have been making cakes for over 30 years. I also love gardening, traveling, and all things crafty. I struggle daily to keep my like organized, along with my never ending battle to keep the house clean. I adore my three kids MOST of the time, and can usually be found doing the mom thing from morning till night. I try to catch a few mommy moments, but those are hard to find in this wonderful life of mine. I am blessed and happy, and am thrilled you stopped by today :)