Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mommy Lies, and I do to.

I was over at Amy's blog

Flexible Dreams
and LOVED her post about an article she read on the BBC, this is the article. In it, they talk about the pressures we as mothers feel to LIE about all kinds of things, so that other moms, or people don't judge us for what we really do when nobody sees us. 


She fessed up to five things on here blog, so go read what she had to say about here.


So I thought why not share some truths about my not so perfect parenting skills too. 


1. I yell A LOT, it's been way to easy to blame it on being Romanian, and know it is wrong. I tell my kids ALL the time, stop yelling, STOP YELLING, as I am YELLING. Kind of weird. 


2. I do not really believe in spanking, but threaten my kids with a butt whipping every five minutes, and have been known to actually smack the crap out of them, (ok, no real crap went flying) but you know what I mean. I would never dare say I've never spanked them, and sometimes wish we lived in a place where we could FREELY do it more often, maybe they would actually be afraid when I threaten it then. Now they just laugh, and taunt me, I hate it. 


3. I have no problem having a messy house, I HATE it, but I don't obsess over it, however, if anyone even thinks about stopping by without an invite, I WILL NOT LET YOU IN, or I will be very cranky. I just don't want anyone to see my mess, in person anyway. Clearly I have no problem, making fun, on my blog, again, WEIRD.


4. I am lucky to have only one girl, and even though she is girly, she is not matching hairbow, kind of a gal. I am SOOO not like that. The reason I say this, is because I have NEVER brushed my boys hair, like seriously, I know it sounds horrible, but they are boys, and I don't let them use styling products, because they are full of chemicals, SO until very recently both my boys, never had to brush their hair. My princess, well she brushes it like once, and thats it. Low maintenance, thats the way I like it. Oh and for the record, I DO NOT brush my hair, HARDLY ever either. It gets put up in a messy pony tail most days, I like the messy look, lol. Sometimes, I brush it, like if I am going somewhere, then I will even blow dry it, ohhhhh, and use a round brush. 
Can you believe I was ever at school for cosmetology, YES, its true, I was going to be a hairdresser, way back in the day, before, I got all freaky. 


5. I have never been one of those serve your husband kind of wives. I love my hubby, but before I do anything for him, I always, say NO, he he, it's almost become a really bad habit. Lucky for me, he seems to love me regardless, and the thing is, he usually always gets what he asks for, USUALLY, but it's always with an attitude. I wonder where my kids get it from, BAD MOMMY. 


Ok, so these things weren't exactly things I lie about, because I NEVER lie, lol, BUT, I bet you would have NEVER thought that about me, right. Now don't go judging alright. 


Instead, why don't you share your MOMMY LIES with me too. 


Please visit my Link party Directory
For the coolest parties, I participate in. 
Feel free to add yours, if you think I'd like it :)
             

5 comments:

  1. HAHA!! Bella!!!
    I think I spit some food out onto my computer screen laughing SO HARD at this post!

    I'm excited for our plan :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came over from Amy's blog, (I'm headed to do a list too!) Great list! I'm a yeller too... that's my top "confession" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was great. It's encouraging to know I'm not the only mom in the world who yells. {see me hunkering down} It's hard. We're expected to make our kids obey, but they have a will of their own. I can't MAKE them do anything.
    I'm not afraid to say I spank my kids. I do believe in it. (I never bruise them and I do it structurally: one swat for each disobey) But I find myself doing the "threatening" thing too. Sometimes I just get exhausted from ALWAYS disciplining.
    And FYI: my conditions of a clean house are As Long As It Looks Presentable. :)

    Thanks for stopping by me at Luxe Boulevard. I'm following you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AW!!! I love this post!! :) Thanks for sharing your realness with us!!! All mommies have little quirky things they fib about once in awhile I think!!! When I DO become a mommy, I'm sure I will!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA! I can identify with al of your points! We would SO be friends!
    Thank you for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you are going to lnk up next week!
    Alliemakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. I also LOVE visiting your blog, so please leave a CLICKABLE LINK to your blog post by using the following code!!

<a href="link to your url, or direct blog post"> what you want your link to say </a>

P.S. Thanks BUNCHES for reading my blog and leaving a NICE comment :)

Hugs, Bella

My photo
In my spare time I enjoy cooking, and baking. In fact my mother and I have been making cakes for over 30 years. I also love gardening, traveling, and all things crafty. I struggle daily to keep my like organized, along with my never ending battle to keep the house clean. I adore my three kids MOST of the time, and can usually be found doing the mom thing from morning till night. I try to catch a few mommy moments, but those are hard to find in this wonderful life of mine. I am blessed and happy, and am thrilled you stopped by today :)