Monday, October 25, 2010

Got Wood? Free is best!!!

One of my neighbors had a pile of FREE wood in the front yard. They had ripped out some wood flooring, and this was waiting to get trashed. I quickly asked if I could have it, and after him looking at me a bit confused, he said sure whatever, lol. I loaded up my trunk, and was on my way, thinking will I actually use this, or did I just bring more trash home. (Done that too many times)

I knew the front side of the wood was to nice looking, so the back is what I wanted to show. The glue was still on there, and it just looks much more old, and worn out. Perfect for the look I was going for.

I did but some paint, thinking I would write spooky messages on these signs, but instead went with just taping them into crosses, and leaving them blank. They look fantastic just the way they are, and plus I didn't really have time to do anything else.

My oldest son, and his friend helped tape these and put them up, some yarn spider webs on the bushes, and roses, and more boards accross the top gutters, with more spider webs hanging from it. I plan on still adding something to the front entrance accross those boards up there, but lets see.

This is just an idea of what it looks like, and it was practically all FREE. Some tape, and yarn is all I used, that I have plenty more of obviously.

When it's all done, I will post more pics.








 This is a little sneak peak at another project I am working on, and HAPPY to say is finished. My main focal point in the house, is DONE. Come back tomorrow to see what is looks like. I love how it turned out.


As always ENJOY!

Special requests, or mad love always welcome:)
http://www.blogger.com/bellabeforeandafter@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. I also LOVE visiting your blog, so please leave a CLICKABLE LINK to your blog post by using the following code!!

<a href="link to your url, or direct blog post"> what you want your link to say </a>

P.S. Thanks BUNCHES for reading my blog and leaving a NICE comment :)

Hugs, Bella

My photo
In my spare time I enjoy cooking, and baking. In fact my mother and I have been making cakes for over 30 years. I also love gardening, traveling, and all things crafty. I struggle daily to keep my like organized, along with my never ending battle to keep the house clean. I adore my three kids MOST of the time, and can usually be found doing the mom thing from morning till night. I try to catch a few mommy moments, but those are hard to find in this wonderful life of mine. I am blessed and happy, and am thrilled you stopped by today :)