Monday, August 1, 2011

Amaze me August ~ Cleaning my Patio / Deck ~

Welcome to the 48th edition of:

Photobucket

I'm totally happy you are here, you can link up below, just make sure to grab a button will ya!!

So this week I wanted to share with you my DECK. My huge DECK. This deck was one of the things I loved when we bought this house, it's HUGE, and it's perfect for entertaining. Although I've found that in the south there are ONLY 3 days in the year when you can actually sit outside and enjoy such a deck. Ok, just kidding, maybe 5 days total, but seriously, in the summer, its SOOOOOO hot, and there are a million bugs out, just waiting to eat you alive. In the winter it's to dang cold. Yup I totally skipped over the other seasons, can't even recall right now if you can hang out then, but since my deck looked like crap, I didn't want anyone out there anyway, SAD.

So the time finally came, in the middle of the sweltering heat, to clean my deck.  I am pretty sure it was easily 150 degrees this day, which meant I got to lose 10 lbs in the process, pretty cool hugh, lol.

My tools, a broom, a FAN, bug spray, gloves, a HAT, and my hands.
OOOPS, almost forgot, you need 3 kids too. My oldest cleaned out the gutters, woo hoo, while my youngest swept ever so eagerly with a grill brush, lol. The princess, well she posed for a picture, and the went inside to relax, he he.
Good job Big B. I love FREE labor. He easily saved me a hundred bucks.
Here a couple pics of the side of my house, equally neglected, a weeping willow tree, my backyard woods, and a spider eating a wasp, you go spidey!!

Dino (my tortoise, which is actually a girl) came out to play too. We had fun taking pics of her.

I'm so ashamed to show these pics, I had a MESS growing in those pots, that used to be filled with beautiful flowers, and plants. Gosh, this past year I neglected my garden so badly, and I feel so bad about it, and hope that I can get it looking good again soon.
Some more pics of the way the deck used to look. Oh and do you see my curry plants. I've managed to keep them ALIVE, thats good. My orchids, are SO SAD, but bless their hearts they too are clinging on to life, so I promised them I would never let them go like that again.

THE BEFORE

After a long day I am glad to say that at least things are looking clean. No more wild grass and weeds growing all over the place, no more leafs turning into mulch on my deck. 

THE AFTER
Now it's time to go buy some flowers, he he. 

******************************************************

I'm so excited to see what you all have been up to this week. 
Make sure to grab a button,  up above, or sidebar, and let your friends know you party with us. 
I appreciate all the help I can get spreading the word about my weekly party.

Speaking of parties, don't forget to link up all your PARTY related posts to
Photobucket

Oh can I quickly tell you that this Wednesday I will have a couple awesome things to share with all of you, including a sneak at some of my sponsors for my big ONE year bloggy celebration where I will be sharing all things GREEN, and  ECO FRIENDLY, products I want to share with you, including a few from some of my dear friends who are also going along with the theme, and I am so happy about that.

I also will be announcing a new party that will take place every Wednesday, RIGHT HERE. 
FEEL GOOD 
WEDNESDAYS 
@
BELLA BEFORE AND AFTER
(cute button to come, he he)








Posted by Picasa


6 comments:

  1. Great job on your ENORMOUS deck! I love your cute little tortoise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hard at work lady!! Beautiful home, beautiful yard and BEAUTIFUL family! And guess what you'll be so proud of me, I FINALLY figured out the No Reply Blogger thing!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's such a wonderful spot! especially now!:)) hope you'll enjoy it more than 5 days this year! you have the cutest lil helpers, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job, ladyface!
    You just radiate beuty and one day I'll punch your pretty face in just to show you who's boss.
    No, I won't. I say crazy things when I'm super jealous of amazingly big decks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cleaning up! good work! it reminds me i need to clean up my DD's dresser and closet! hopefully by EOD today!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. I also LOVE visiting your blog, so please leave a CLICKABLE LINK to your blog post by using the following code!!

<a href="link to your url, or direct blog post"> what you want your link to say </a>

P.S. Thanks BUNCHES for reading my blog and leaving a NICE comment :)

Hugs, Bella

My photo
In my spare time I enjoy cooking, and baking. In fact my mother and I have been making cakes for over 30 years. I also love gardening, traveling, and all things crafty. I struggle daily to keep my like organized, along with my never ending battle to keep the house clean. I adore my three kids MOST of the time, and can usually be found doing the mom thing from morning till night. I try to catch a few mommy moments, but those are hard to find in this wonderful life of mine. I am blessed and happy, and am thrilled you stopped by today :)